It's so hard to believe that the term is almost over!! I feel like I'm not ready for it to end yet</3 There are still so many books I wanna read and post about lol!! Lots more I wanna complain about!!! At some point during the class I was waiting for a book that would make me feel happy instead of despair and frustration, but none of them made me feel that way. I still want to go to weekly discussions and hear other people’s interpretation of the reading and how it made them feel. Hearing other people’s perspectives was extremely interesting, all of their input was super valuable.
I’d sort of fallen behind on reading all my books, and this class got me back into the habit of reading again!! I can get through like multiple books in a day and it’s so fun. I’d been lying to myself, telling myself I had no time to read outside of class but that was not true. I had just been lying to myself!!
My favourite works so far have been “The Trenchcoat”, “Money to Burn”. And “The Shrouded Woman”. All of these books were fascinating, these 3 in particular spoke to me. Money to Burn had the most fun and interesting characters and plotline. The Shrouded Woman was so fun to read, a lot of it was super dramatic if it felt like a soap opera! Even if I didn’t understand some things it was still fun to read. It was full of infuriating characters that the main character knew in her life, so it was bad.
With Money to Burn, the characters were so unapologetically themselves with no regard for what the general public seems to think. The action in the book is simply wonderful, I had never read about an action sequence that was so entertaining.
I’ve been extremely satisfied with this course's reading list and I’m glad to have discovered new writers and old ones. All the books in this course were brand new and unfamiliar to me, I’m glad to have broadened my horizons. A lot of works that are considered literature a lot of the time are very eurocentric! I’m glad to have read masterpieces from places other than Europe! I even feel like giving Proust another try at some point, maybe I won’t hate it.
I had such an awesome time in this course and I’m gonna miss it lots! Thank you so much Professor Jon, Julián and Daniel! You guys were so awesome!!!!!



"I had such an awesome time in this course and I’m gonna miss it lots! Thank you so much Professor Jon, Julián and Daniel! You guys were so awesome!!!!!" Thank you so much! We will definitely miss your wonderful illustrations and your blog :)
ReplyDeleteSame this class brought me back into reading and made me excited about books again, and your ending gif is so cute!
ReplyDeleteAgree, so different from eurocentric novels, such new and interesting perspectives, making me want to keep going as well - from Dave
ReplyDeleteYes, it was clear from the start that this blog would win the "Best Blog (Design) Award." :) "https://rmst202.arts.ubc.ca/blog-post-awards-2026/
ReplyDelete"A lot of works that are considered literature a lot of the time are very eurocentric! I’m glad to have read masterpieces from places other than Europe!"
And for sure. This course has tried to give you all a bit of a tour around the world, including to places (Martinique? Angola? Peru?) that you many not have "visited" before.
"this class got me back into the habit of reading again!!"
And yay! This is our dream! Thanks for all your contributions!